Venue & Hotels
Redwood City, CA
March 27-28, 2018
Cañada College Theater
4200 Farm Hill Blvd
Redwood City, CA 94061
The #PerfMatters Conference will take place March 27th and 28th, 2018, in the Cañada College Theater.
The theatre is ADA compliant with handicap parking spots in front of the theatre.
Coffee, snacks, lunch and the after party will be held in The Grove. The Grove, a 4,537-square-feet open space lounge, has a beautiful view, and is also ADA compliant.
Cañada College is a community college located half way between San Francisco and Silicon Valley. The campus is at 4200 Farm Hill Boulevard in an unincorporated area of San Mateo County, California, just off Highway 280.
Parking: Ask us for a free daily permit.
If you're coming by car, there is ample parking. We will have daily parking permits available, or you can purchase your own for $3.00. Please park in parking lot #2. Put your parking permit on the dashboard
By Car: 280 to Exit #27 at Farm Hill Blvd
From Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Fremont or Union City:
- From the east bay, take the Dumbarton Bridge (84 West).
- Continue onto Marsh Road, staying on 84 West.
- Take 101 north, staying on 84 West, to exit 408, Woodside Road.
- Take Woodside Road / 84-West all the way to 280.
- Head North on 280 toward San Francisco until the next exit, and follow the directions below:
From the south or north bay,
- Take 280 to exit 27.
- Head east on Farm Hill Blvd.
- At the first light, about 0.8 miles, take a left onto The Loop Road to enter the campus.
- Note: If you have a handicap parking permit, stay left at the fork in the road continuing on The Loop Road.
- All others: Head right onto Campus Circle at the fork.
- Park in parking lot #2, which is the second lot on the left. See parking details above.
From the east bay, Hayward or farther north, or the coast, follow the directions above, taking 92 to get to 280.
By Public Transportation: Bus #274 from RWC CalTrain
If you're coming by public transportation, you'll want to catch the bus from the Redwood City CalTrain station.
Catch bus #274 from the Redwood City Transit station, just opposite the Redwood City CalTrain station. The bus leaves every half hour at 14m and 43m past the hour.
If you see a bunch of people waiting, ask if they're heading to Canada College and share a Lyft (not an Uber).
By Plane: SFO, SJC, and OAK are all A.O.K.
While SFO / San Francisco will have the best direct options, realize the conference is half way between SFO /San Francisco and SJC / Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport.
A little less convenient, but still completely doable, and just and extra 8 miles further, is OAK / Oakland International Airport, in Oakland, CA.
Accessibility and Inclusion
We aim to have a welcoming and inclusive event
In order to have an inclusive event with a welcoming atmosphere, we hope to remove all accessibility barriers that may hinder anyone from attending this event. If there are any issues that you feel may prevent you from attending and fully enjoying this event, we will do our best to accommodate, but we need to know ahead of time as best we can what those issues may be. Please get in touch and let us know what we can do to help.
- The conference is mostly one track in an ADA compliant yet not fully accessible theatre. There is a ramp to get to the theatre, and a lift to get up the five steps from the entrance to the theatre foyer. Stepless access within the main theater includes the last row, the first two rows, and the stage.
- The second track half track, if there is one, is in the same building, and is fully accessible with no steps
- The dining / drinks / party / expo area is in "The Grove", located about 80 meters from the theatre, with about 25 steps. There is elevator access. The 80 meters are outside. We tend to have amazing weather in California, but there is a small chance of rain, but no chance of freezing or boiling temperatures
- There is accessible parking directly between the theatre and The Grove. There is also accessible parking directly behind both venues. If you have an accessibility parking placard and are able to walk a flight of stairs, please use the parking behind the venue, leaving the five spots between the venue for those unable to otherwise access the venue.
- If you need assistance, such as a Sign language interpreter, a complimentary ticket will be provided. They do need to register though, so let us know. If you aren't local, please contact us. We'll find an interpreter for the event.
- There will be a diversity program to bring more people from typically under represented people in tech into the web performance family.
- There are meat and vegetarian options. Please let us know when you register if you are vegan, celiac, or have other dietary requirements needing our attention.
- There will be a slack for the event, including a slack channel dedicating to "housing". If you are willing to share your company (or personally) paid hotel room with someone who can't afford it, or live near the venue and willing to host an out of town guest, we encourage you to post your availability in that chat room so people who need assistance can privately DM you to take you up on your generosity.
In case you haven't figured it out, we want to ensure anyone who wants to attend this event can attend this event.*