Topic Ideas & Suggestions
We like to see anything that you find interesting that is relevant to other developers interested in performance:
- Performance testing, metrics, work arounds & discoveries
- The navigation timing API, browsers and the WC3
- Framework, extension, post processors, and/or media's impact on performance
- UI, UX, accessibility, and the impact on performance.
- Globalization, internationalization, privacy, or censorship, and the impact on performance.
- HTTPS, HTTP/2, PWA, AMP, WebP, srcset, <picture>, and other topics less than 8 letters long.
- Web performance community, history, past, present & future
- Convincing or teaching your board, boss, community, and co-workers on the importance of web performance.
- Technological advances in web development or computer science in general, if somehow applicable to performance.
- Ingenious ideas & cool hacks you're working on.
- Whatever you want; this is your conference.
Also, see the talks from #Perfmatters 2018.
Perks of Speaking
If you get selected as a speaker at #PerfMatters Conference, this is what you get:
Travel to SFO (or SJC) covered. We will pay for your economy plane ticket or CalTrain ticket, up to $500 within North America, $1,100 internationally. We'll even book your itinerary if you want.
Entrance to the conference. If you get selected to speak after you've already purchased your ticket, don't worry. We can either reimburse you or give the ticket to someone who otherwise couldn't afford to attend. We'll even give you an extra ticket for a partner or friend. That way you'll know you have an extra person rooting for you.
Hotel If you're coming from outside of the greater SF Bay area, we'll cover 2-nights hotel. If you're coming from very far away, you get 3 nights. More than 12 hour flight, and need 4 nights? Let us know, we can arrange things, just let us know.
If your employer can cover your travel and hotel, we are happy to list them as a company sponsor. If you're willing to stay with a friend, AirBnB, or other speaker to help defray costs, money saved will be put back into the conference and toward scholarships.
Speaker Dinner There will be a speaker dinner the evening prior to the event. We won't keep you out too late, but we promise it will be fun and delicious.
Partners welcome If you want to bring a significant other, they are more than welcome, and are welcome to the speaker dinner and, as noted above, to the conference.
Childcare If you need child-care please let us know well in advance so we can get it all sorted out. We'll find a child sitter for the speaker dinner, and provide chilcare for brief periods during the event or a stipend to offset a babysitter for the whole event if there is a need. (We aren't licensed, and can't provide childcare at the venue for the entire event, but can bring in a babysitter during your talk so your +1 can attend your session, or provide assistance to get a babysitter elsewhere for longer periods of time.)