Hack-on-MDN: Web Performance
We're going to spend two (or three) days learning about web performance. Cement what you learned by sharing and teaching others.
In this full day hack-a-thon we'll be working to improve MDN Web Docs, the premier free resource for web developers. You can choose to work on adding performance documentation to MDN, work on improving the site's performance, or anything that you think makes sense.
Work with some of the conference speakers, some Mozilla and Google staff, and the people you just met over the preceding few days to Hack on MDN.
The day will include a lot of coding, chatting, food, and fun. The registration fee is to ensure we don't have people sign up and not attend, and helps offset the cost of food, space rental, etc.
Here are some of the topics that you might want write about (estelle came up with these):
- What is web performance
- HTML performance features
- Multimedia: Images and Video
- Advanced CSS performance features
- How do users perceive performance?
- Web Performance Basics
- Mobile performance
- Populating the page
- Performance bottlenecks
- Understanding latency
- Understanding bandwidth
- HTTP/2 and you
- The role of TLS in performance
- Reading performance charts
- Controlling resource delivery with resource hints
- The business case for performance
- Performance Budgets
- Mobile performance checklist
- Optimizing Startup Performance
- Developer Tools Performance Features
- Understanding Latency
- Web performance checklist
- Performance fundamentals
- Optimizing startup performance
- Profiling with the built-in profiler
This should be a lot of fun. I know I am looking forward to learning a bunch while feeling good about giving back.
It's a huge collaboration, and #PerfMatters Conference is doing its part to make the web a better place for developers and consumers alike.
Register for the Web Performance Hack on MDN
April 4, 2018 at Cañada College
|Ticket Type||Sale Ends||Available||Cost|
|2019 Attendees||April 10, 2019||Available||$379|
|Blind Bird||August 31, 2019||Not yet||$429|
|Very Early Bird||??||Not Yet||Don't know|
Prices subject to change. No refunds. Tickets are transferable with notice. Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org